Thursday, July 3, 2014

Whole30: Day Two

Day 2 Complete!

Got up around 6:30 and made this delicious fritatta. It was very yummy but could have used a bit more salt. Cook and learn! I really liked this dish because it made a really decent amount that will feed me and B breakfast for the next 2 days. Which is good, cause I'm not sure if I could do the breakfast-from-scratch-thing everyday. . .

Lunch was leftovers from last night's dinner. It was pretty good but I've had a lot of spinach in the past day and I'm about over it.

Dinner was this "Creamy" Crockpot Chicken and Tomato Soup. I only used 4 chicken breasts, 1 can diced tomatoes, and 1 can coconut milk. I probably should have served it with salad but so. much. spinach. The soup basically tasted like chicken in pasta sauce, which means it was delicious! B has renamed it Chicken Pizza Soup :). I doctored it up by adding a few more of the spices that it called for as well as some fig infused balsamic vinegar for a bit of sweet to cut the acidity. I love Oil and Vinegar! They have so many unique oil and vinegar blends. One is coming to Atlanta and I can't wait! I've had to get it from Houston and Asheville but soon it will be in my own backyard :).

Today was really productive overall. I made that yummy breakfast from scratch, did 3 loads of laundry, cleaned out the guest room, re-seasoned my cast iron skillet (twice), got dinner started in the Crockpot, did the dishes (twice), bought my textbook, requested my transcripts from college, and started my online course. And wrote on this here thing for a bit.

I also went to Zumba/Hip Hop tonight at Brickhouse Cardio Club. It kicked my ass, as usual :) They offer so many classes, it hasn't been that hard to find a time to go. It's just making my ass get there that's been the issue. That being said, I hadn't been in several weeks (for decently good reasons of course).

We were out of town in Las Vegas for a bit a few weeks ago (more on that later!) and one of my new meds made me so dizzy and light headed I didn't go workout the whole month of June. My OB had prescribed me an appetite supressant to help with some initial weight loss. It worked great the first week: I lost 7lbs! Week 2 was ok at 2 lbs more gone. I lost weight, which was great but I was starting to realize that I didn't even want to eat, like at all. And none of the food I normally love, like Taco Bell or Zaxby's, even sounded remotely appealing. I realized that I was eating so few calories that my body had gone into starvation mode. At most, I probably ate around 800 calories per day. I was surviving on vanilla Greek yogurt, almonds, grapes and berries daily for about a week. Not enough! After I researched said prescription (and all it's crazy side effects that the OB did NOT warn me about) I promptly took myself off of it. I'm glad I did because apparently it's awful to be on for a long time and the withdrawal symptoms were not fun. I was an insomniac for about a week and then of course had awful lethargy during the day. The depression I occasionally experience combined with some *ehem* difficulty using the restroom wasn't that great either. Overall, it was not something I would repeat again.

Since that instance (and since 3 years ago), I've been looking for a new doctor/midwife. Ideally someone who knows more than I do about my endocrine system/PCOS and who doesn't answer their personal cell phone (twice) while they have a scope up my vagina looking for cysts. Oh lordy, the stories I could tell . . .

Onward, Day 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment